We were up at 5 yesterday morning and on our way to the village to turn in our documents to the court. Lana needed some extra copies of things so we went to the orphanage while she did that as well as went to the court. We visited again for a little bit and then I got out our drawing book I got in Disney World and Karissa and Ira drew pictures for a little while.
We brought our computer with us so we checked out our English program with Masha and then decided to watch a movie on it together while we waited for Lana. We tried to watch Princess and the Frog but it didn't rip right so we did Mulan instead. One of Masha's very favorites. :^)
The director was very sweet and had worried about us not eating anything yesterday so she fed us lunch. We had to eat by ourselves, but still. It was very nice of her. The drink was apricot juice and the bread was the best tasting I've had here. Super yummy.
Once the movie was done a few of the girls came in and played UNO again with Husband and Little One while Masha and I watched.
All our waiting paid off because we did get a court date today. It's a bit later than we'd hoped, but not too bad. We might be able to get it moved up as well depending on when we get our paper from the SDA. Husband just really needs to get home and get back to work or we don't have anything to pay our bills for March with! LOL
We told Ira when our date is and she started crying again. It seemed different this time though. More sad and having it feel more real now, but not "I don't know...I will miss my friends, etc...." Hopefully it continues to go okay because until then we'd had a great day with her with no tears up until that point. Part of what's bothering her too is that she's getting a lot of attention from all the kids now because she's going to America and she's not liking being in the middle of things. :^) What is this girl going to do the first time she's asked to give a talk?!?! LOL
And, I finally have a second to get you pictures of our first apartment here in Dnepro. I haven't taken any yet of the one we're in now. Soon, now that can actually unpack. :^)
 |
| The entry way |
 |
| Bathroom |
 |
| Shower/washer in the bathroom |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| Living Room |
 |
| Computer desk in the living room |
 |
| Bedroom - view 1 |
 |
| Bedroom 2, you can see our room for drying clothes there behind the drapes |
 |
| A room for drying clothes...this was really nice! |
So glad that you got both some rest and a court date! It was interesting to see how modern the apartment seems from the pics. I suppose I had a preconceived idea of what it would look like. I can't wait to hear what name was chosen, although I understand why you aren't posting it yet. How is Little One holding up to all the long days and culture shock? I am sure it will be wonderful to be back home and start to settle back into some semblance of a normal routine. Trusting that everthing will go well and hoping things move along quickly. Try and get some rest regularly.
ReplyDeleteYou have a court date. Congrats!! Once that happens, you can hopefully start counting down the days. All the best to you all!
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of a commenter, but I sure have to finally! I have faithfully read your blog everyday and am on pins and needles waiting for what happens next! I love your pics and all the news. It's so exciting to hear. Can't wait to be there.
ReplyDeleteAunt Su - Little One is doing well. Much better than I'd expected her to with how nervous she was. She does fine with the toilets and such. The food is iffy, but I completely expected that. We brought familiar stuff from home though so she's not starving. LOL The long days she's done great with. She slept in the car, but today she not only slept in until 10:30 but also had a nap! LOL
ReplyDeleteAndreas - Thanks! I can't wait to start counting down!
Kerry - You are so sweet. :^) I can't wait to hear when you'll be traveling!