Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Preparations

We are getting close.  And I still have SO much to do!  I really do have quite a bit planned as far as what we're taking and so on, but I feel like there is still a lot not done.  Yesterday I finally finished getting movies and such all ready to put on a portable hard drive.  We sure won't be lacking things to watch!  I wonder how long the battery runs on the laptop we're taking. :^)

Saturday we had a very nice visit with Yulya, our cute interpreter.  She is so much fun!  Husband, as usual, didn't want to be in the picture so I just have one with Yulya, me and Little One.  We've got plans to get together again when we get back.  If she weren't in the middle of school, I would stuff her in my suitcase and bring her with us!

Sunday night we had a wonderful meeting with our SAC "family."  A lot was talked about as far as things to do/expect while we're in Ukraine.  It was very helpful to talk to people that have been there/done that.  It was also great to see our friends that we're going through this with.  A few are submitting their papers as soon as we get over there so they should be traveling before we come home.  I hope it goes well and we get to see them over there!

We got word the other day that we get to have Masha as our interpreter while we're over there!  We are all VERY excited to see her again!  Our facilitator also speaks English, so that will be very nice as well.  We think we've found a train to ride to get down close to the village and from there, we're not quite sure what to do.  There is still no place for us to stay once we leave Kiev either, but we'll tackle that problem once we get there.  It's possible we'll stay in the large city and travel, or we might end up staying with a worker from the orphanage or something.

I've heard that bringing a photo book with you to your SDA appointment is a good thing so I've got pictures uploading now to try and get that done.  I've also got some pictures to print out for Ira's book.

The weather here is trying to prepare me the best it can, because it is FREEZING!  Man...

I just hope that we've got everything we need for while we're over there.  We ordered a few things from Amazon for the trip and they'll be arriving today and tomorrow.  I know we can pick up things if we need them, but I also know there are some things that we can't just do that with.  I also think I'm coming down with a cold.  Lovely.  I'm trying to take care of it, but I sure hope it's pretty much gone by Sunday!  Can you feel the stress emanating from your screen?

7 comments:

  1. A photo album is an excellent idea. Those that have done that say that it brought smiles to those that looked at it.

    Good luck. We are looking forward to the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope to update lots.

    Thanks again for the awesome meeting Sunday. It was very helpful and very good to see everyone again, including you and your cute girls. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys! I have been enjoying your blog; it's a fascinating process. I can't wait til you get back and can tell all about your adventures over there. What an experience for Little Bit! Have a safe trip and we will be praying for everything to turn out and a safe return for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Augh!!!! I DO feel your stress! It gave me anxiety to read all that! Weird. haha. You are so lucky to have Masha for a translator!! And also to have an English speaking facilitator. Quick question for you-what do you mean you have no where to stay when you leave Kiev? Is it because the town you are traveling to is so small? I'm assuming Ellie helps with that? If you have any sort of nasal or chest congestion the best over the counter decongestant that I have found is Mucinex. It is a miracle worker. Feel better!! Prayers,
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Su - Thanks! XOXO

    Steph - LOL! I'm assuming it is because the village is so small, but who knows? Yes, Ellie helps with that, but so far they've been unable to find anyplace. We'll see when we get there. Mucinex is awesome. :^) I've actually got it on my list to take with me. I just wasn't planning on using it before we ever left! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not too late to change your mind and leave Little One here with me. :-) That would give you extra room in your suitcase for Masha! If she needs someone to adopt her, I'm available!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I'm not too sure her mom would appreciate that. :^)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete