Today began very early as Husband was getting ready to go to the railway station. Our taxi driver was showing up at 5 minutes to 6am. Ew. Little One and I almost didn't get to go with him because of her major attitude. She is only a morning person if SHE wakes up and isn't woken up. She was one cranky, disrespectful, disobedient girl. We did end up being able to go with him though and that was nice. It was actually quite easy to get him to the right place and on the train. Easy because of Masha, of course. She can talk to people as well as actually read the ticket so we knew which section of the train and which seat was his. LOL What would we do without her?
After we got back we packed up to head to another apartment. We had talked to the landlord last night and while he didn't have another apartment in the same building that wasn't occupied, he did have one a few blocks down the main road. We're actually right by TGIFriday's now. This place is much nicer in a lot of ways (hopefully one of those ways is no bugs!) but as usual, not as nice in others. We only thought we didn't have places to put things in our last bathroom! This one REALLY has no room! LOL I'll get pictures of the place tomorrow or so.
 |
| Masha wanted me to take a picture of my room like this. Traveling girls, she calls it. :) I should have had Husband use a medium size one instead of the large one he did that isn't even full. I had all three of these stuffed and I haven't even gotten fun things to bring home yet.... |
We were all quite tired after all that, so we ate some lunch (since we were also very hungry) and then took a much needed nap. After we woke up we went to find a store and it's not nearly as nice as the last place. The stores are a bit farther away and VERY small. Ah well. No bugs, right?? :) As Masha said, each place has it's advantages and disadvantages.
Husband made it to Kiev just fine and had his appointment at the embassy. It went well and now he's a little bored as he waits to go to bed and then up even earlier tomorrow to head to the airport. He didn't enjoy the train ride too much. He said the seats were quite hard. At least he was to Kiev in 6 hours instead of 8.
Here are a couple of pictures I forgot to take of our last apartment. You know though...we've really got to quit moving. I just realized this morning that I haven't seen Little One's booster seat since the first apartment here in Dnepro. That wasn't cheep.
 |
| The outside of our building |
 |
| Don't ya love how small the elevators are? |
 |
| This door leads to three apartments and is locked as well. |
 |
| Our apartment door |
 |
| The view our our window :) |
As usual when I've missed blogging a day...check the last post for info on yesterday. :)
Whoot for no bed bugs! Or at least hope for no bed bugs!
ReplyDeleteCute post about Woman's Day. What darling kids. They look so small, how young are the youngest?
So glad you have Masha with you!
Luckily you can get booster seats pretty inexpensive at Wal-mart. But that is still frustrating. Hopefully the next move you make will be back home!!!
ReplyDeleteWendy - We're still not sure about no bugs. Little One has a couple of different bites now, but we're watching to see. This morning Masha showed me some bed bug looking bites on her arm and I think I might have found a couple on my arm too. We'll see. I just hope we didn't bring them with us!
ReplyDeleteAnne - We bought the booster seat we did for a reason and it wasn't cheep. Since she's still got a year and a half left in it, I'd rather get the same one. If she was almost 8 I wouldn't worry about it.