Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 44 (Tues March 22nd) Kiev - Last Day

Just a quick note before we head off to the airport at this unseemly hour.  Yesterday went well and horrible all at once.  We were lazy in the morning and then when Masha got here she got ready and went shopping.  I got everything I've been looking for, including my chess set. :)  Fun stuff.  Then it was off to the embassy.

Everything there went well.  It almost didn't, but it did.  I did the paperwork at first and then we waited for an interview with a officer.  There I signed some papers and such as well as had to raise my right hand and swear everything was truthful.  Then he told me I was in luck.  If I'd been there a few minutes earlier he wouldn't have been able to print the visa because the computers had been down with some background check thing.  However, they were up and running again and so it would be less than an hour and we'd have it.  Sure enough, just under an hour later, we had it.  It looks pretty cool. :)

From there we went to our hang-out by the SDA and had a most wonderful time.  There we saw Kimball's again, Ceran's, Golling's, Natasha and Oleg.  What dear people they are to us and how fun to visit with them!

Little One and I in front of St. Andrew's

Our favorite hang-out!

Us with Oleg

Us with Natasha...Ira was done. LOL

Sitting around

More

More

An I love you balloon

Andy playing with her

Talking

Everyone loves Little One

Masha and Gary taking pictures of each other taking pictures.

Us with Ceran's

Us with Christy Kimball and her son Clayton

Natasha, Little One and Oleg
Oleg told me he wants Little One.  His wife has red hair so she would fit perfect into his family.  He has 2 sons, but no daughters, so he needs her. :)  She'd probably go with him too!

Masha had decided to go ahead and go home last night so she went off to buy a train ticket and Oleg drove the girls and I home.  We started packing while we waited for Masha.  Then we got pictures on a DVD for her and then she called a taxi to take her to her friend's place one last time.  Her train left around midnight and she didn't want to disturb us.  It was very hard to say goodbye to her.  She has become such a good friend and I will miss her a lot.  The girls and I sat and cried for awhile after she left. :(

The three of us headed to the underground mall to find one last thing and that was interesting.  We walked around trying to find what we were looking for and eventually did.  Then it was home to finish packing and get to bed.  I think I finally laid down around 11:30 or midnight, only to get up at 3am. LOL  I sure hope I can sleep on the planes today!

Napkin dresses Ira made

Passport/visa and birth certificate...she's excited. :)
And last but not least, here is our last Kiev apartment.

Kitchen complete with two cute girls

Living room

Living room

Entry way

Bedroom

Bathroom, door 1

Bathroom, door 2
Today we say goodbye to Ukraine for I hope not too long.  I will honestly miss it very much and hope to be back soon.  Signing off for now....

1 comment:

  1. Day 44?! Wow. You're a champ. I really wish I could be at the airport tomorrow to see you. Hopefully everything is smooth and you make it on time. Can't wait to catch up with you back in good ol' USA:) haha Congratulations!! We are so happy for you and for your family!!
    love, steph
    p.s. what's up with Oleg's hair? I don't think I would've recognized him:)
    p.s.s Ira should go to design school and become a fashion designer. the girl has talent!

    ReplyDelete