Thursday, April 7, 2011

SAC Lunch

Yesterday was a better day, all in all.  We had a couple of little incidents here and there, but mostly it was much better. 

We've had problems with our modem so we haven't had internet often since we've been home.  We borrowed a new modem to make sure that was the problem.  Well, it's better, but still not fixed.  We've got a guy coming over today to see if maybe it's a problem on their end.  Still, it's been nice to have contact for more than just a few minutes at a time.  I can usually get a few hours in before it dies on me.

I got a little carried away catching up on everyone's blogs and such yesterday morning so we left a little late for our Save a Child lunch.  When I got there I didn't see anyone I knew, but found out one of the people there was someone I've been wanting to meet!  That was quite fun.  We ended up with a nice little group and I had a wonderful time visiting and getting advice.  Ira really enjoyed having Amy's girls there since they can talk to her.  Little One was a little more bored, but still managed to somewhat enjoy herself for the 2 1/2 hours we ended up being there. :)  It was so fun to have Anne show up too!  She and Tony just got back on Monday for their 10 day waiting period.  She'll head back once they have that Tax ID #, just in case it takes 2 1/2 weeks like Howick's did.


Ira, Lana and one of Hinkson's girls. :)

After lunch we hit a furniture store right next door since we're still looking for a dresser for Ira.  We found a couple she liked and then came back down later.  They didn't actually HAVE either of them though.  So much for that idea.  We'll check out more this weekend.

We took Mom some of Little One's school stuff.  We're going to try having her be the teacher for a little while and see how that goes.  I'll be right there as well and start taking things over a little at a time.  Hopefully it will be a good thing.  I think it will.  We'll also get an idea of where Ira is with some things and work with her on English.  We're in process of getting a tutor lined up for her and that will be nice.

Ira had YW's last night, much to her dismay.  She really didn't want to go, but go she did.  She doesn't have to get baptized or anything if she doesn't want to, but as far as church goes...we go.  She was awfully cheerful when she got back though so I think she enjoys it once she's there.

I went running while she was in YW's.  SO nice.  I've never actually loved running before, but I'm really enjoying it right now.  I keep waiting for that to change. LOL  I'm sure it will once it's hot outside since I hate being sweaty. :)

Today I got to talk to Masha on Skype.  She bought a laptop with the money from interpreting for me (for which I'm so grateful!) and just got internet up and running.  It was SOOOOO good to talk to her!  I miss her tons!  We'd gotten to be quite good friends over the 12 days she stayed with us for the hosting program, but after spending 6 1/2 weeks together in Ukraine, it's even better now.  I got to see her room and hear about what she's been up to.  It made me so homesick for Ukraine though!  I got to catch a glimpse of her brother. :)  I just need to get her mom to come talk to me! LOL 

Well, we best get on with our day.

2 comments:

  1. so fun!! All of it-YW, lunch, jogging, furniture shopping! Funny about Ira hating the idea of church. That's how Danny was. But once he got there and especially to the weekday activity, he loved it. haha! Check out Lynn's Oak Shop on 500 South. We LOVE that place and have bought a lot of our furniture from her. Talk to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out ikea - we have 3 dressers from there. nice deep drawers that fit a lot, and i mean A LOT of stuff

    ReplyDelete