So, we had some lemon chicken cooking for dinner. Ira loves chicken. It's one of the few things she doesn't complain about. Not only that, but it has red potatoes with it. She also loves potatoes.
While it was in the oven she'd said, "I nyet like it smell." a few times. Then she comes down to the basement with her bottle of shampoo open. She squeezes it over and over so she gets the strawberry smell to come out, saying how the smell of the food is gagging her. Can we say, "Drama Queen?" Holy cow.
And yes, I've decided having her gone most of the day helps tremendously. Today hasn't gone so well in the "not fighting" category.
We've improved a little about church however. I must end on a positive note, you know. :) She pouted and kept saying how she doesn't like church and likes HER church in Ukraine, but there wasn't a huge fight. Nor did I hear ALL through sacrament meeting how she wanted to only stay for 1, not 3 (meaning hours.) She only said it once. :) Yeah for baby steps!
I love hearing about the baby steps. You are so wonderful! Don't ever forget that. I think you are a great mommy and things will get better.
ReplyDeleteChurch is hard - even for my home grown kids - imagine if you couldn't even understand it! Good for you in recognizing she's improving.
ReplyDeleteHaha:) girls are sooo dramatic. I made cinnamon bread when we first moved in, something I have made many times before. In the past the kids would wake up to the smell and be so happy to have fresh cinnamon bread for breakfast. Not quite sure what the deal was this particular morning but they were all holding their noses complaining about how terrible it smelled. Seriously?! Since when does fresh bread and cinnamon smell bad?! Little turds. I feel your pain. Sooo annoying. Glad church was an improvement.
ReplyDeleteLaurie Ann - Thanks. :)
ReplyDeleteWendy - I'm sure it's awful when you don't understand. I remember in Ukraine the one time I didn't have someone interpreting I still enjoyed it. I LOVED (and really miss) just listening to the language, even though I didn't get anything out of the meeting. That would only work for awhile though, I'm sure, before I'd get sick of it. For me though, it would motivate me to learn Russian, but since she's 12 I don't think not being able to understand sacrament meeting will have the same effect! LOL
Steph - That is HILARIOUS! Maybe our girls can all live together in their OWN house and hold their noses/sniff shampoo while you and I enjoy fresh cinnamon bread everyday!
Welcome to the world of middle school girls!
ReplyDelete