Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July

Last week was the 4th of July.  Big surprise there, I know.  We actually did most of our celebrations the Friday/Saturday before.  The girls wanted to go to the parade, but ended up not really enjoying it.  I forgot to bring water and they were both hot and thirsty.  They might have enjoyed it more if I'd had water.  I didn't particularly enjoy it, but the only parades I do are Disney Park parades.  THOSE, I like. :)  Ones that are nothing but advertisements for someone's store don't exactly do much for me.  It made me miss Disney World.

This is what I got when I asked her to smile.

I told them they could do a silly one if they smiled nice.

And here is the silly one.  I'm not sure what the thrill with the tongue is.

Here we were with Mom and Dad waiting for the parade to start.  Since we were on the sunny side of the street they'd all turned around while we waited.

THIS was a cool car.  It's even my favorite color.  Well, a version of my favorite color anyway. :)

This float was the only one I really liked.  It goes from the boat to the pioneers to the temple.  Way cool. :)
We spend most of the day at Cherry Hill.  All of us got fried.  I felt bad.  We had fun though.  Later that night the girls did some sparklers and pop-its.  We'd done a few fountains the night before.  It was dark though so my pictures from Saturday night turned out better. :)
Cute. :)

I LOVED this one of Little One.

Dropping Pop-its

Little One liked to step on them. :)

Sparklers!

Then no smile. *rolls eyes*

 Cheesy smile.

Mostly nice smile.  I'm persistent. 

She likes to conduct music. LOL
We've been having a fun summer all in all though.  I just sent Ira off on her first Girl's Camp this morning.  She's been VERY excited to go for weeks.  I really hope she has fun.  I worry about her.  I don't think she's inclined to be homesick, but I would hate to think she is.

1 comment:

  1. I remember sending Alex to his first camp. I was a wreck - he had a blast. At least girls don't have winter camp. Alex's first winter camp was last winter and he didn't listen to James' instructions and took the wrong sleeping bag. He was freezing in his little snow cave and told me he cried for his mama. Aw....that made me feel a little sad for him but just a little because at the time he really needed this lesson on listening and obeying and nothing teaches that like a freezing cold night in the snow!

    ReplyDelete