Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let the Celebrations Begin

Today marks the first of a whole week of birthdays at our house.  Tomorrow is my brother's birthday, then Sunday is Ira's and then next Wednesday is Mom's.  4 birthdays in a week.  First is mine though, and that's today. :)  It started off great by getting a package in the mail from Disneyland.  I got a watch for my birthday last year that wouldn't keep time.  I finally sent it in and today I got a new one in the mail!  Talk about awesome timing!  We've got celebrations in about an hour, so I suppose I'd better make this post quick.  I can't save it for later or it'll be days before it shows up on a blog roll.

Things have been going well on some days and not so well on others.  I suppose that's to be expected.  I've had lots of, "I want Ukraine!"  She has problems with her glasses still.  She takes them off on her way to the bus and puts them on before she walks out the school door for me to pick her up.  Little stinker.  Ah well.  Oh, and I love Little One more than her as well.  *rolls eyes*  It's getting a little old, to be honest.

The package we sent off to our Polish friends to take to the orphanage arrived!  I talked to them this morning and they got it either today or yesterday, I'm thinking.  Awesome!  They'll be taking it over to the village in a couple of days. :)  Technology is amazing.  I love Skype. :)  I'm not so fond of the time zone difference.  Every time I can talk (like to Masha) it's late there and she's going to bed.  When she can talk I'm usually in the middle of things.  We still manage to find time to sit and talk to each other at least every couple of weeks though.  Usually on a weekend.  Hum...I seem to be rambling.

My brother and I we part of a flash mob at the county fair this summer.  It was a blast!  Little One was supposed to come dance too, but she decided there were too many people when we actually did it and got scared.  Still fun though. :)

http://youtu.be/UV8IfCjU2l4

We had a ward party a few weeks ago with a Mexican theme.  I didn't bring my camera (I've been on a picture fast apparently) but I did take a couple with my iPod.

Coloring a pinata

Waiting her turn

Getting blindfolded

Hitting it.  She got the first piece of candy to come out!

Ira refusing to do the Macarena

Little One wearing all the hats from the tables
We also took a trip up to northern Idaho to visit my Grandma.  It was a really nice trip. :)
The girls wading in a lake on the way up

Playing Phase 10 with Penny.  I didn't get any pictures with Gram. :(
Then we had some sidewalk chalk art on the driveway as well.  Some of these aren't rotated well.  Sorry about that.

Ira's rainbow/star

Little One learned out to draw stars. :)

I liked Ira's moon on this one. :)

This is supposed to be up and down instead of sideways.  It's a rainbow with a reflection in the water.

More of Little One's stars

Ira's flowers and a man by Little One

Little One's rainbow/reflection.  We ran out of the blue for the water.
I'll write more in a couple of days.  Probably Sunday as that is a big day. :)

     

1 comment:

  1. Erica,

    Oh my goodness....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    I thought and thought about you today, but did I call??? No. I'm so sorry. I wish I had known it was your birthday.....now I do. We need to have a late celebration. Hope it was a good one!!!

    Love, love

    ReplyDelete