I love Valentine's Day decorations. I've always loved hearts and so that kinda goes without saying, I suppose. It's never been my favorite holiday for other reasons, but we won't go there. :)
First of all, we found a fun frosting so Mom did a cake for our FHE (family home evening) treat the night before. I'm not one that's big on sprinkles and such, but this was super cute. I hope we can find it again next year.
Next, was our homeschool Valentine's party. We'd gone three years ago and it was fun. The next year I was stressed and didn't feel like going. The NEXT week we drove by the place it had been held the year before and Little One asked when it was. Great. Not for another year, Sweetheart. Last year we were in Ukraine so that didn't work well. THIS year though, I made a point of finding out when/where so we could go.
And, here is my homeschool plug. Homeschooled kids tend to be so nice! I couldn't find the right building and walked by some kids playing. One of the boys (probably around 10 years old) asked very politely if I was looking for the homeschool party and then directed me to the right place. I love that they aren't usually afraid of adults. Not that there aren't ANY public school kids that would do that, but not as many.
 |
| Putting her Valentine's in boxes |
 |
| Cookie Decorating! |
 |
| Finished Product |
 |
| Dart game. She did quite well. |
 |
| Coloring/decorating |
 |
| Ira's paper |
 |
| Little One's paper |
How fun! Maybe we will meet up there and see you next year.
ReplyDelete