Our "rest days" are actually pretty boring. Little One and I watched a couple of Next Generation episodes yesterday. We've been playing Oregon Trail on my iPod. LOL
One thing I forgot to mention is about when Husband got his plane ticket switched. He just casually mentioned that we were doing an adoption and things had taken a little longer than we'd planned on. The lady said, "Oh, you're doing an adoption? I'll wave the change fee then." I guess for adoptions, they do that and they will do that for mine and Little One's tickets as well when we change them. It only ended up costing him $270 for the difference in fare instead of $520 (for that plus the $250 change fee.) Delta is awesome. :^) Keep that in mind when you guys start buying tickets!
Little One is about the same. No new bites/hives/whatever they are, that we can tell, but not really any better either. We started worrying that maybe it was chickenpox, but after looking at pictures of chickenpox on WebMD that isn't what it is. Thank goodness because Masha hasn't had them and I bet the kids in the orphanage wouldn't have appreciated that either. It looks like it might be flea or bed bug bites, but it could also be hives. If it's bites we have no idea why just her and not the rest of us. We're in very close quarters here and while none of the rest of us have slept on this chair, we've all been sitting on it LOTS.
We didn't hear anything from the director, who had told us she'd call if there was a change in plans and Ira didn't come to Dnepro, so we called this morning to find out what the plan was. Where to meet, etc.... Well, come to find out that Ira didn't go after all. We don't know why for sure, but hey. And, it was too late to take the bus over there. We had planned on seeing her today and then not again until our court on Tuesday. Now we're not quite sure what to do. We can skip church tomorrow, which Husband really wants to do. I really need that recharge, even when I can't understand anything. I'm sure I won't get it though and we'll be going to the orphanage. It will make 3 of the last 4 weeks that I've missed. That's life, I suppose. We'll go Tuesday and Wednesday both, since Husband will need Thursday to pack and be on the train to Kiev and he really wants to see her as much as possible before he goes home.
So, here we sit. :) I'm going to go ahead and count this as my post for the day since I'm sure we won't be doing anything exciting the rest of the day. If, for some reason, we do, I will add it to this post later. TTFN!
*Update*
We did call Ira. She was disappointed she didn't get to go. Understandable. She, over her own accord even, said she missed us and loves us. I think we stand a good chance of our court going well. :^)
Nothing like hurrying up and then having to wait. You are getting closer every day. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThank you. :^)
ReplyDeleteHope whatever it is that is bothering Little One clears up soon. Somehow it is a little less miserable when you are sick/itchy when you are in your own home. When you are at home, it is a bit better.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at court next week. Great news about the ticket fee waiver!
I'm so glad she missed you! What is it they say? "Separation makes the heart grow fonder?" Maybe a day off was just what she needed to realize how much she likes having you guys around!
ReplyDelete.. your update made me smile :)
ReplyDelete