Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 18 (Thurs. Feb 24th) - Dnepro - Visit Ira

Sorry!  This is all written as if I'd written it yesterday, because I did in fact, do just that.  I went to post it and we'd lost internet.  Husband and Masha went to go fix it and there was a lady in the apartment where the modem is and she was already getting in bed and wanted us to wait until morning.  This also meant I couldn't watch Discovery's last launch.  Sad.


I forgot to mention in my last post about the weird bites (??) on Little One.  She's got them all over one arm and then here and there over the rest of her.  Sometimes they itch and they look kinda like mosquito bites.  Benadryl helps some.  We haven't seen any signs of bugs but that's not always a sign that they're not bites.  I'm hoping to have Sis. Nielsen take a look at her to see if she's seen anything like this on missionaries before and could give us a clue as to what it might be.


Now, on to what I'd typed yesterday....


Little One and I almost didn't go today.  Her bites, while we weren't seeing new ones, were a little puffed up again so we gave her some more Benadryl.  She wouldn't take it and I told her I would stay home with her if she didn't take it.  She finally did, but only after the pill had sat in her oatmeal long enough to dissolve.  Holy cow!

We called the director and asked if we could have a guy come pick us up once we got to the bus station.  She arranged for someone to do that.  His car smelled horrible and he had a half naked woman hanging from his rear view mirror, but it was worth the 20 grevnas to not have to walk either way.

Ira was in and out a lot today.  Fairly talkative to Masha when she was with us, but kind of uncomfortable still.

We got a phone call from Lana with a time for our court date.  Our 11th day will fall on a Saturday so we won't get her until the next Monday.  Such is life.  We did hear for sure that it will be calendar days though, and not business days.

Little One wanted Ira to play UNO and she ran and got Valya to play too.  Husband played with them and it was fun to watch.

When the director walked by we gave her the hats and gloves that we had.  She seemed happy with them and let the older kids come pick things they wanted.  There a bunch of tiny gloves that they couldn't use but we will take them to Natasha and she will make sure they get someplace they will be useful.  I very much wanted to take some pictures, but I didn't.

We found out that some of the girls, Ira included, get to go to Dnepropetrovsk on Saturday with someone that teaches them English. We will get to meet up with them which will be lots of fun.  It will be nice that Husband gets to be there too, since he had to change his plane ticket.

UNO started up again after that and the girls (Kristina had also joined by his time) were all getting pretty giggly.  I've actually never seen Ira act like she was acting.

We got hugs from all the girls when we left today. It was nice.

5 comments:

  1. Do you check your email often? I sent something to you that I think will help out. You will have to let me know what you think. I am glad things are still coming along well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking - and I could be wrong - that regardless of when your ten days falls, the child is yours and you can spring them from the orphanage. You just have to wait to get started on your paper work until Monday? Anyone else have this happen?
    I know I was encouraged to keep Alex in there while we completed his paperwork but I said no way! I wasn't there to vacation, I was there to get my little boy out of an orphanage. Talk with your adoption coordinator. Find out the official rule. But I'm thinking morning of the 11th day.....she's yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started making lists and stashing stuff to pack, do you have any more ideas of things you would recommend packing. Have you ended up doing very much of your own cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy about your court date! Hope the rest of the time is smooth for you. Thinking of you and your family everyday. Sorry to say, but those little bites on your daughter might be bed bugs. Hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne - I forgot to mention, yes. We do almost all of our own cooking. :^)

    Margie - Possible.

    ReplyDelete