Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 33 (Friday March 11th) Dnepro - Passport Photos and Ice Skating/Day 10

Little One took a picture of the view outside our balcony.
Friday was another fun day.  We had a lazy morning, as usual.  I was wide awake at 4am for some reason.  I don't know if my body is trying to get used to Utah time again or what.

After we were all ready to go we called Yura and he came to get us.  We took Ira to get her passport photos taken.  There was also a little shopping place there too so we looked around and I bought a couple of magnets of Dnepro. LOL

After we picked up the pictures we headed over to a much nicer skating rink.  It was farther away, but MUCH better.  It was a decent size, had lots of the right kind of skates and was even cheaper than the other place.  Win/win all the way around!
Little One

Kristina and Masha (and someone's hand)

The girls

All of the girls. :)
After we were done skating we walked through the upper part of the mall.  This was the first place I've been to here that actually looks like a mall I'm used to.  I found my Russian keyboard while I was there.  Fun stuff!  Now to learn Russian so I can write to all my friends here!
Pretty fountain
We talked about going to TGIFriday's to get dessert when we got home, but decided we were all too tired.  Fun day though!  AND, the end of our waiting period!  Yea!

When we got home we got a call from Luba.  We had a go on paperwork for Saturday so she was planning on being on that night train.  She'd be there to head to the village about 7am.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! I'm excited to hear that you found a Russian keyboard. I want to get one, too. Have you seen any book stores? I'm so glad that you have Masha there with you. I'd be going crazy without another English speaking adult around:) When you get back to Utah, I'll meet you at TGIF for dessert! (Except I don't think that there is one in between you and me so maybe we'll have to pick somewhere else)

    ReplyDelete