I've gotten quite lazy with my titles. It was so easy to put "Day X", where we were and what we did that day. Now I have to actually try and be creative again.
Julietta was beyond horrible on Friday. I'd been kicked, hit, bit and had my hair pulled. I was quite proud of myself for holding it together and not getting all upset with her. I finally stood there holding her doorknob so she couldn't get out while I called Mom. What in the world was I supposed to do?? Nothing I tried worked. Nothing. I realize she is under major stress with adding a new member of our family as well as from other things going on, but still. That doesn't give her license to behave the way she was behaving. Mom finally told me to bring her up to the house for a sleepover. Maybe she just needed to get away for a little bit. The funny thing is that when I told her she was going to stay at Grandma's house for a couple of nights she clung to me saying she didn't want to go. Um...weren't you just so upset with me you bit me??
When I left though, Ira looked like she was about ready to cry. We'd tried to explain what was going on, but it didn't work too well. When we got home we even called Yulia to try to explain to her, but that didn't work either. Mom had said to go ahead and bring her up as well, but she didn't want to. Zaftra. Aka...tomorrow. So, we had one night with just Ira and then even she was gone for Saturday night.
This weekend was conference. We'd explained to Ira last weekend a little about how it was different from normal church. Normally we sit and watch all 4 sessions together. Julietta gets to color or play with Lego's or some such quiet thing. I usually knit since it helps me stay awake as well as focus on the talks. Since she didn't understand we wouldn't expect her to sit through 8 hours of talks in 2 days. Instead she would only be expected to watch the first session of each day. It worked well and she was an awesome trooper. No complaining or anything. Even I didn't do so well at 12, and I understood what was being said! LOL
Conference was awesome, as usual. Saturday I came away feeling like, "Okay. I'm not worthless after all." It usually has that kind of effect on me though. At least every 6 months I can feel that way. :) Sunday was wonderful as well. Very, very good talks. It made me wonder how they do conference in Ukraine with the time difference and all. I think I will email the mission pres.'s wife and ask. :)
Now we're on to a new week. We still have issues with Ira teasing and all, but I've called her on it a few times. It seems to be doing a little better, but I also think she's getting a little sneakier. Unlike having a new baby, I don't get a couple of years for them to grow together before such things start happening. Hopefully things settle down a bit. I don't have my hopes up too high for that, but hey. :) I did get Ira's room cleaned out finally, but the basement is a disaster now. I'm afraid it's going to take me awhile to clean it out. Such is life. Gives me something to do.
When I was in Ukraine two years ago, conference was broadcast a week later at church. I guess it gave them time to have it translated?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about Juliette's behavior. She's been through a lot in the last little while. I hope she settles down and things get to somewhat of a normal pace.
Yep, you are so right. You really don't realize just how much you teach your children from birth until you have a child that needs to learn everything all at once. It's overwhelming. AND just so you know, I've been researching Post Adoption Depression. Yes, it's real. I remember feeling all out of sorts and like life would never be normal again when we got home. I think I suffered a bit from it, but felt guilty to admit it. I mean, I had a perfectly darling young boy, and all went realistically smooth, and we were home and safe and yet I was so sad. Sad and overwhelmed.
Just know you are not alone! Hope you make it to lunch this week!
Love,
W
That's interesting. I'd never considered something like baby blues happening. Unfortunatly, there are other issues going on right now, but I wonder if maybe that's part of it as well. Something for me to ponder....
ReplyDeleteI'm planning on lunch tomorrow. I've heard that it's okay to come late, but is anyone going to be there if I go on time? I don't want to show up at 11:30 and have no one there! :)
I plan on being on time or within 5 minutes! (I tend to always run 5 minutes late!)
ReplyDeleteOkay. Sounds good. :) See you then!
ReplyDelete