Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spoke Too Soon?

Yesterday as I was finishing up things at Mom and Dad's and getting ready to go home, my friends that live there returned home from visiting family over the weekend.  Knowing the kids really wanted to play, I let them for a little bit.  We ended up getting home much later than I'd planned on.

After dinner we did a very short FHE.  I'm trying to get the girls in bed by 9 now so they start getting ready for bed around 8.  Then, if there is extra time left they can read a little or do something quiet before lights out.  Since I hadn't run yet and I really want to get on a M/W/F schedule I decided to go after they were in bed.  I know, I know.  It's dark at 9pm.  I went anyway. :)

At the end of our street there is a beautiful cemetery.  It's my very favorite place to run, for a couple of reasons.  First, it's close.  I have a warm-up walk down the hill and then the streets of the cemetery are long and straight.  Not to mention fairly flat. LOL  As someone that hates running uphill, that is a big plus.  Going south, there is a slight hill, but nothing I can't manage.  There are 8 or 9 streets so I can go back and forth and up and down them to get as much distance I want in, without being far from home.  Second, it beautiful.  Really.  Even Ira pointed at it and said, "Beautiful.  Ukraine, no beautiful." LOL  Not only is it beautiful, but it's just so peaceful there.  If you go during the day you will pass lots of other people running/walking, but it's still so peaceful.  I especially love it when it's summer and they're mowing the grass.  I love that smell!  It's also fun when they've got the sprinklers on and I get to run through them.  I know...I'm 31 and running through sprinklers?  You're only as old as you think you are, right?

I have a friend of mine that loves running and gave me the weirdest look when I said I run in a cemetery.  "Isn't that freaky?"  No.  Peaceful, actually.  I've always wondered though how it would be at night.  You know, the whole cemetery at night kind of thing.  I'm proud to report that it was fine.  Not scary at all.  I do prefer it in the day time because I can see better (I suppose it really won't be too hard for someone to sneak up on me and take me who knows where) but it still wasn't bad.  A lot more lit than I thought it would be since there are no lights there.

Anyway, I came home to mayhem.  Sort of.  At least a very frustrated husband.  He'd gone down to get the checkbook up-to-date while I was gone and the girls were running around upstairs.  He tried a couple of times to get them to go to bed, but they'd just sneak out once he wasn't looking again and run.  Ira was the one starting it all.  I think I spoke too soon in saying she was so good. LOL  No, she really is.  This isn't exactly horrible behavior, but still not something she should be doing.

I've been noticing that in the last few days she's been pushing boundaries.  It's normal behavior, I'm assuming.  She's trying to figure out just where those lines are and where she can cross and where she can't.  Still frustrating when I'm already dealing with major stuff from Julietta though.  (And yes, I probably will go back and forth calling her Little One and Julietta.  I loved that. LOL) 

Anyway...it was weird we got Ira's SS card in the mail yesterday.  We didn't even apply for one.  The only problem is that it's only got her first/last name.  Not her middle name.  We might have to have them redo it.  Anyone had a SS card randomly show up in the mail before??

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of having more than one child. If one doesn't think of something, that other one will. In fact, synergy happens. They come up with even better ideas together than they would on their own. Have fun!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO AWESOME ABOUT THE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE, IT IS TYPICALLY A NIGHTMARE MULTIPLE TRIP EXPERIENCE. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!! It is much easier to have them changed once you already have one in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne - LOL I suppose that is true. :)

    Margie - We called today and yes, we have to change it. I'm glad it will be easier though! Must be something new in the paperwork at the embassy??

    ReplyDelete