Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sidewalk Chalk Art

On Saturday Mom and the girls and I went down to the Gateway to see the sidewalk chalk art they had down the middle of the street.  It was pretty cool.  I'm amazed at what people can do with a piece of chalk.  Or, lots of chalk, I should say.  Here were some of my favorites.

Kinda creepy, but cool. :)

I love ones with lots of black, for some reason.

I loved the detail in the horse.

Ah, I love Tangled. :)

This was even more creepy.  Such people were on every corner.  Super weird.  No, I did not get a free hug.

This one was even cooler. :)

Loved the look of this one.

Not sure why I liked this, but I did.

I loved the idea of this one.  She writes a story and it paints a picture.  So true.  I love reading....

Cute

There were fun things in the bubbles of this one.

This one was super cool. :)

Classic

This was probably my very favorite.  Mostly because I got to see the real painting a few weeks ago.

It was so neat watching him draw this. :)

Very cool.

He did a time-laps somewhere on the internet.  I haven't looked for it though.
We tried to get some cotton candy while we were there but there was a HUGE line.  We stopped at the store on the way home and got a treat instead. :)  We could have gotten our hair spray-painted.  I'm such a party pooper though.  Ira would have really liked it, and I'm thinking Little One would have too.  I'm not big on weird hair colors though.  Sorry kids.  Should have picked a different Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time!! Wish I had taken my kids....maybe mine should have picked a different Mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love stuff like that. I used to do that in high school and it was really fun. My fingers would be absolutely raw for weeks from rubbing against the cement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan - LOL Thanks again for the invite to the pool the other day. That was awesome. :)

    Jeni - Do you have pictures? I'd love to see some of what you've done like that! Cuz, you're amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete