Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ira/6 Month Milestone!

Today was a big day.  First of all, Happy Birthday Ira!  I'm now officially the mom of a teenager/2 year old.  Depending on how she's acting at the moment. LOL  Is that normal for a teenager or is it JUST the adoption?  I swear I've found more gray hairs since coming home than I ever have before.

Second, I can now say that the first 6 months are behind me!  Phew!  In so many ways we've come so far.  In others...holy cow.  Have we made any progress at all??  Still, it feels good to get to this point.  As my sweet friends have been saying to each other at each airport arrival we've been to, "I'm sure glad that's not ME coming home!  At least I have 'x' time behind me already!"

Oh, how I love these people!  I am continually amazed at how close we're becoming all the time, despite living anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours away from each other.  It's good for our kids that we don't live closer.  They need to be independent and not have each other as a crutch or as a mini-orphanage here in America.  Still, for us moms it would sure be nice to live closer to each other.  Thank goodness for texting/email/Skype!

Anyway, I will post more later.  I'm getting quite the list of things to write about, including our birthdays and fun little saying that Ira says.  TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. lol. I have the same feelings with the boys. BoyOne is 14, but usually acts like he's ten, although he regresses at times to maybe a seven year old. Every once in a blue moon I'll see some semblance of a 14 year old. BoyTwo is seven, but constantly acts as though he is three. Except when he is behaving like he is ten months old. I think a lot of it has to do with the adoption. My bio kids will act out at times, but not at all consistently and even when they do act out, it's age appropriate... But they didn't live half their lives in an institution either. sighhhhhhhhhh. It's great to look at all of you who have gone before and think that someday, just maybe, we might get to that point also!!

    ReplyDelete