Okay, these posts are going to be out of order chronologically but as much as that bugs me, I will be fine. :) It's mostly the order in which I get the pictures off of my cameras and since I used both of them for different reasons, that's what it will be. Just know that the next few posts will be about our trip to the northwest this last week. :)
First up is our trip to the ocean. While it was a 2 1/2 hour drive the wrong direction we wanted the girls to be able to see the Pacific Ocean. Little One has seen the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean but Ira has never been to either. It was COLD and WINDY but we had a blast anyway. Mom and Dad only lasted a few minutes before heading back to the car but I let the girls stay a little longer. This first picture is right when we got to the water. If you look closely, Little One got in the freezing water and was already headed back. Ira, on the other hand, kept going. LOL
All three of us ended up wet but at least my wet was only a couple inches up my capris. The girls were both pretty soaked. We had tried to stay dry as you can see from how high up they hiked their capris but a couple of times a wave would be higher than the ones before it and we'd get wet.
 |
| I had to get one of our feet in the water. I didn't notice it was out of focus until later. Ah well. |
 |
| She tried to make a butterfly but decided it was more like a bow. :) |
 |
| She's almost to a full split! |
 |
| Little One is actually only an inch or two away from a full straddle but she didn't want to get her pants all sandy. |
It's so stinking hot here right now that these pictures have me practically drooling with jealousy. What I wouldn't give to run into the Pacific ocean again! Good on you for going the extra 2.5 hours worth of miles to make the visit.
ReplyDeleteIt was very worth it. :) I wish you could have come too!
Delete