Friday, November 2, 2012

Science and History

Here are some more of those projects.  Science first.  We're doing astronomy and earth science this year.  Totally my year.  This is the only branch of science that I actually like.  I especially loved doing the moon with her because someday I'm going to go there.  Here we did the phases of the moon with Oreos.  I thought the Halloween ones would be fun for a more "harvest moon" look. :)

Here is Mom with her, showing where to cut the filling out.




Next we have history.  In our section on China she made a bowl.

First she formed it out of air dry clay.



Next she painted it.

Then we sprayed it so it was nice and shiny.


We also made a "jade" necklace.  We found as close to a jade color of sculpy clay as we could find, rolled it into little balls, stuck them on toothpicks with Vaseline so they'd come back off, and baked them.  It turned out pretty cute!


Gotta love the pose.
She also did a crown of the Empress Theodora from the Byzantine Empire.




Last, but not least we tried making a boomerang when we were learning about Australia.  It didn't look like a regular boomerang, but it was fun anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment