Sunday, December 9, 2012

Karate Tournament!

Yes, I'm a bit far behind again.  Life is, shall we say, crazy right now.  This was a fun day though.  Little One's very first karate tournament!  She was SO nervous (I've never actually seen her that nervous before) but so brave.  I was so proud of my Little One!  She signed up to compete in kata, self defense and flag sparring.

Before they began, waiting nervously

Slightly warming up.  She had a very, very nice judge.

Waiting her turn

This is the beginning of her kata.



Getting her scores.  I couldn't get all three of them all at once.  The boy to the left is in our ward.  It was fun to have him help out with her group.
Here is a video of her kata.  She had this down cold, but kept forgetting where she was at in competition.


Some of her self defense moves.

Flag sparring,  This part she had a blast with.


Here is a video of her sparring up until she got the first flag.  They were pretty easy on both kids.  The boy kept shielding his flag with his arm so she had no chance of getting it (later on.)  Little One though, kept turning around so he couldn't get it.  They're both new at it and both had a blast.  That's what was important.  It was so fun watching them!

Phew!  All done!

Medal time!


I love the look on my dad's face in this one. :)


Here she is with one of her teachers, Mr. Lawrence.

And, Mr. Jade.

Of course, with Mama.


This is the cool shirt for the tournament.  I loved the design!

Silver (flag sparring), Participation, Bronze (kata)

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I hope I can talk Fitz into karate lessons. I think he'll have a blast with it if he'll just try it out.

    ReplyDelete