We were on our usual 10:30 bus this morning. We tried to call our smelly car guy a few times but with no luck so we had to walk from the bus station to the orphanage. It was particularly windy and, of course, we have to walk into the wind.
Something very interesting happened. The director came in and with her was our judge. They took Ira off to talk to her. Later Masha asked what they'd talked about. If they'd told her how to act and such. Ira said they told her to answer how she wants. Masha asked if she has decided how she will answer and she said she will go with us. Masha asked if she wanted to come with us for the waiting period or if she wanted to stay at the orphanage and she said she wants to stay. No surprise there. I don't think she has a choice anyway, but before we ask it's good to know she wouldn't want to anyway.
We had a very nice game of Phase 10 going before we had to leave.
I heard back from Sis. Nielsen. They will be back today. We'll go see her tomorrow morning.
We got back and Masha told us that as we were getting dressed to leave the orphanage she asked Ira one more time if her answer is yes. Guess what she said? Her famous answer. I don't know. Man, this girl is going to drive us to an early grave before we ever get her. IF we ever get her.
Good grief. I have a feeling this will be our story with our older boy too. What happened to all the kids lined up begging for a family? Sigh. You are a good woman to be able to handle this mentally and emotionally. Just think, the stronger the breeze, the stronger the trees. Hang in there:)
ReplyDeleteI don't think I was able to make any sort of decision about anything when I was that age either, let alone a decision as big as She is making.
ReplyDeleteHang in there and have faith. Things will work out. (I think I needed to hear that too.)
..Hugs..
Thank you both. :^)
ReplyDeleteIt will all change once you get her home. Those fears of the unknown will melt away and she'll be a whole new kid in short time in your home. Just keep telling yourself that. Most of us that adopted can honestly say in a good way that our kids are not the kids we met in the orphanage. Keep the faith! You are going to be a great mom and dad.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope so! Thanks for the confidence though. :)
ReplyDelete